Client: Swedish Transport Administration
Main contractor: DAB Group AB
Work carried out: Included replacement of 303 m edge beam and part of the bridge deck, also replacement of crossing structures.
Project dates: 17 Mar 2014 – 30 Jun 2015
General information about the project
The works were part of the Swedish Transport Administration’s long-term strategy to maintain Sweden’s bridges. Renovation was done in stages and traffic was controlled by traffic lights at certain times of the day. The bridge was opened to traffic before July 2014, i.e. 6 months earlier than planned – this was thanks to us using the Bridgecare method. Remaining works on and on the outside of the bridge were finished in time for summer 2015.
The contract included:
• Renovation of edge beam incl. approx. 1,000 mm of the bridge deck plate, using the Bridgecare method (see below)
• Replacement of crossing structures incl. insulation and coating works
• Replacement of bridge lighting and ducting
• Replacement of road barriers, machinery and one of the road portals
• New railings on the edge beam, and between the cycle lane and road deck