Client: Arenabolaget i Solna KB
Main contractor: Peab Sverige AB
Main works: Waterproofing and coating of buildings linked to the arena
Project dates: January – December 2012
The project in brief
Houses, car parks, a hotel etc. had been built around the arena.
DAB has added waterproofing and a protective course/coating to these surfaces (approx. 30,000 m²).
Project and solution
• Seam-welded Beta 6000 SA and 30 mm PGJA protective course. Expansion joints in Migupren joint covers.
• Priming with Nyflow 20 bitumen solution
• Polymer modified Beta 6000, seam welded
• Protective course 30 mm PGJA
• Vertical waterproof sealcoat with Beta 6000 SA cuff
• Expansion joints sealed with sealing tape. Migupren can withstand hot application of sealcoat and has good mobility, as well as good adhesion for Beta 6000 SA.
• In steps to the arena (approx. 2,700 m²), sealcoating was done in the same way as above but the protective course is 10 mm mastic
• Joins in coating done with Beta N2 Sealant
About Friends Arena
Friends Arena is one of the biggest, most modern and most flexible multi-purpose arenas in the Nordic region. The arena meets UEFA requirements for Champions League and Euro Championship finals. For UEFA football events the arena has 50,000 seats, and for major concerts a capacity of 65,000.
Find your nearest branch
SE-820 11 Vallsta
Phone +46 10-330 99 01